Spec compliant:           not tested
Documentation:            not tested

Latest patch passes installcheck-world as of d26a810 and does what it sets out
to do.

I am not sure I have an answer to the objections being raised on grounds of
taste. To me, it's persuasive that GREATEST and LEAST are described in the
docco as functions, they are used much like variadic functions, and this patch
allows them to be used in the ways you would expect variadic functions to be
usable.

But as to technical readiness, this builds and passes installcheck-world. The
functions behave as expected (and return null if passed an empty array, or an
array containing only nulls, or variadic null::foo[]).

Still no corresponding regression tests or doc.

The new status of this patch is: Waiting on Author