Hi
Please try with below commands.

Let we want to upgrade v6 to v11.
Note: I installed my binary inside result folder.

export OLDCLUSTER=./6_EDBAS/EDBAS/result
export NEWCLUSTER=./11_EDBAS/EDBAS/result
./11_EDBAS/EDBAS/result/bin/pg_upgrade --old-bindir=$OLDCLUSTER/bin
--new-bindir=$NEWCLUSTER/bin --old-datadir=$OLDCLUSTER/bin/data
--new-datadir=$NEWCLUSTER/bin/data

Note: old server should be in running state and new server should not be in
running state.

Thanks and Regards
Mahendra