Hello Kirk,

so I tried to apply the patch, but part of the chunk failed,
because of the unused line below which was already removed in the
recent related commit.
              PGResult    *res;
I removed the line and fixed the other trailing whitespaces.

Indeed. Thanks for the fix.

See the attached latest patch.
The attached patch applies, builds cleanly,
and passes the regression tests.

[...]

No problems on my part as I find the changes logical.
This also needs a confirmation from Alvaro.

Ok.

You switched the patch to "waiting on author": What are you waiting from me?

If you think that it is ok and that it should be considered by a committer, probably Alvaro, it can be marked as "ready".

--
Fabien.