On 3/5/19 10:53 AM, David Rowley wrote:
On Tue, 5 Mar 2019 at 21:21, David Steele <da...@pgmasters.net> wrote:

On 2/27/19 2:26 AM, David Rowley wrote:
FWIW, I did add this to the March CF, but I set the target version to
13.  I wasn't considering this for PG12. I see Zheng was, but I agree
with you on PG13 being the target for this.

Looks like the target version of 13 was removed but I have added it back.

The problem seems to be that there are now 2 CF entries for this
thread. I originally added [1], but later Zheng added [2].  From what
Jim mentioned when he opened this thread I had the idea that no patch
existed yet, so I posted the one I already had written for this 4
years ago thinking that might be useful to base new work on.

Yeah, I just figured this out when I got to your patch which was properly marked as PG13 and then saw they were pointing at the same thread.

At the very least one of the patch entries should be closed, or moved to a new thread.

I'm not sure if I have an issue with competing patches on the same thread. I've seen that before and it can lead to a good outcome. It case, as you say, also lead to confusion.

-David
da...@pgmasters.net