On 2/22/19 9:44 PM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

Hmmm, I do not buy the typing argument: "host" is actually for everything, including directories. I do not think that adding "hostdir" would be desirable.

In any case, the existing doco never comes out and states either
rule set in so many words.  Maybe it should.

Personally I like the second and third edit from Robert's patch, but not the first one. I'm having a hard time seeing why you would specify host *and* hostaddr as this seems to imply.

I also agree with Fabien's comment that host can be a path -- it's really a path to a socket file, but it's certainly not a host name or IP address. Perhaps that should be called out explicitly.

-David
da...@pgmasters.net