On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 10:30 PM Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 26, 2019 at 3:57 AM Tsunakawa, Takayuki
> <tsunakawa.ta...@jp.fujitsu.com> wrote:
> > From: David Steele [mailto:da...@pgmasters.net]
> > > This patch appears to have been stalled for a while.
> > >
> > > Takayuki -- the ball appears to be in your court.  Perhaps it would be
> > > helpful to summarize what you think are next steps?
> >
> > disable_index_cleanup is handled by Sawada-san in another thread.  I
> > understand I've reflected all review comments in the latest patch, and
> > replied to the opinions/proposals, so the patch status is kept "needs
> > review."  (I hope new fire won't happen...)
>
> I don't see a patch with the naming updated, here or there, and I'm
> going to be really unhappy if we end up with inconsistent naming
> between two patches that do such fundamentally similar things.  -1
> from me to committing either one until that inconsistency is resolved.

Agreed. I've just submitted the latest version patch that adds
INDEX_CLEANUP option and vacuum_index_cleanup reloption. I already
mentioned on that thread but I agreed with adding phrase positively
than negatively. So if we got consensus on such naming the new options
added by this patch could be something like SHRINK option (with
true/false) and vacuum_shrink reloption.

Masahiko Sawada
NTT Open Source Software Center