On Tue, Apr 2, 2019 at 10:18 AM Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On 2019-03-16 23:21:31 +1100, Haribabu Kommi wrote:
> > updated patches are attached.
>
> Now that nearly all of the tableam patches are committed (with the
> exception of the copy.c changes which are for bad reasons discussed at
> [1]) I'm looking at the docs changes.

Thanks.

> What made you rename indexam.sgml to am.sgml, instead of creating a
> separate tableam.sgml?  Seems easier to just have a separate file?

No specific reason, I just thought of adding all the access methods under
one file.
I can change it to tableam.sgml.

> I'm currently not planning to include the function-by-function API
> reference you've in your patchset, as I think it's more reasonable to
> centralize all of it in tableam.h. I think I've included most of the
> information there - could you check whether you agree?

I checked all the comments and explanation that is provided in the
tableam.h is
good enough to understand. Even I updated docs section to reflect with some
more
details from tableam.h comments.

I can understand your point of avoiding function-by-function API reference,
as the user can check directly the code comments, Still I feel some people
may refer the doc for API changes. I am fine to remove based on your
opinion.

Added current set of doc patches for your reference.

Regards,
Haribabu Kommi
Fujitsu Australia