Stephen Frost <sfr...@snowman.net> writes:
> * Tomas Vondra (tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com) wrote:
>> I think having a colstore in core is important not just for adoption,
>> but also for testing and development of the executor / planner bits.

> Agreed.

TBH, I thought the reason we were expending so much effort on a tableam
API was exactly so we *wouldn't* have to include such stuff in core.

There is a finite limit to how much stuff we can maintain as part of core.
We should embrace the notion that Postgres is an extensible system, rather
than build all the tooling for extension and then proceed to dump stuff
into core anyway.

>> If we have multiple candidates with sufficient code quality, then we may
>> consider including both.

Dear god, no.

                        regards, tom lane