Rafia Sabih <rafia.pghack...@gmail.com> writes:
> On Fri, 3 May 2019 at 16:27, Justin Pryzby <pry...@telsasoft.com> wrote:
>> Thanks - what about also showing the associated non-toast table ?

> IMHO, what makes more sense is to show the name of associated toast
> table in the \dt+ of the normal table.

I'm not for that: it's useless information in at least 99.44% of cases.

Possibly it is useful in the other direction as Justin suggests.
Not sure though --- generally, if you're looking at a specific
toast table, you already know which table is its parent.  But
maybe confirmation is a good thing.

That seems off-topic for this thread though.  I agree with the
stated premise that \d on a toast table should show all the same
information \d on a regular table would.

                        regards, tom lane