On 7/9/19 11:24 PM, David Fetter wrote:
I seem to recall that the usual convention (at least in math) is
to use intervals that are generally represented as open on the
infinity side, but that might not fit how we do things.

I think it does, unless I'm misunderstanding?

Oh, I was just wondering about the square bracket on the left side of
[null, 1).  It's not super important.

Ah, I understand now. Just a typo on my part. Thanks for catching it, and sorry for the confusion!

!mr , perhaps?

I like that suggestion. Honestly I'm not sure we even want an inverse,
but it's so important theoretically we should at least consider
whether it is appropriate here. Or maybe "inverse" is the wrong word
for this, or there is a different meaning it should have.

Jeff's suggestion of ~ for complement is better.

Okay, thanks. I like it better too.

Yours,

--
Paul              ~{:-)