I'm looking at https://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/sql-analyze.html,
where it says “Without a table_and_columns list, ANALYZE processes every
table and materialized view in the current database that the current user
has permission to analyze.”.

I don’t believe there is a separate “analyze” permission, so which tables
is this? Tables owned by the user? Ones where it can insert/update/delete?
Ones where it can select?

If somebody can tell me, I'll make it a weekend project to propose a
specific update to the documentation to make this more clear. Or maybe
there should just be a cross-reference to another existing part of the
documentation that explains more about this.