On Wed, Sep 25, 2019 at 09:07:13AM +0530, Amit Kapila wrote:
On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:30 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 11:24 PM Paul A Jungwirth

> On Mon, Sep 16, 2019 at 5:28 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I don't see this function on the master branch.  Is this function name
> > correct?  Are you looking at some different branch?
>
> Sorry about that! You're right, I was on my multirange branch. But I
> see the same thing on latest master (but calling hash_range instead of
> hash_range_internal).

No problem, attached is a patch with a proposed commit message.  I
will wait for a few days to see if Heikki/Jeff or anyone else responds
back, otherwise will commit and backpatch this early next week.

Today, while I was trying to backpatch, I realized that hash indexes
were not WAL-logged before 10 and they give warning "WARNING:  hash
indexes are not WAL-logged and their use is discouraged".  However,
this test has nothing to do with the durability of hash-indexes, so I
think we can safely backpatch, but still, I thought it is better to
check if anybody thinks that is not a good idea.   In back-branches,
we are already using hash-index in regression tests in some cases like
enum.sql, macaddr.sql, etc., so adding for one more genuine case
should be fine.  OTOH, we can back-patch till 10, but the drawback is
the tests will be inconsistent across branches.  Does anyone think it
is not a good idea to backpatch this till 9.4?

By "inconsistent" you mean that pre-10 versions will have different
expected output than versions with WAL-logged hash indexes? I don't see
why that would be a reason not to backpatch to all supported versions,
considering we already have the same difference for other test suites.

regards