On Thu, 17 Oct 2019 at 03:12, Sergei Fedorov <sergei.a.fedo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Our company was in desperate need of portals in async interface of libpq,
> so we patched it.
>
> We would be happy to upstream the changes.
>
> The description of changes:
>
> Two functions in libpq-fe.h:
> PQsendPortalBindParams for sending a command to bind a portal to a
> previously prepared statement;
> PQsendPortalExecute for executing a previously bound portal with a given
> number of rows.
>
> A patch to pqParseInput3 in fe-protocol3.c to handle the `portal
> suspended` message tag.
>
> The patch is ready for review, but it lacks documentation, tests and usage
> examples.
>
> There are no functions for sending bind without params and no functions
> for sync interface, but they can easily be added to the feature.

If you are happy to put it under The PostgreSQL License, then sending it as
an attachment here is the first step.

If possible, please rebase it on top of git master.

Some explanation for why you have this need and what problems this solves
for you would be helpful as well.

 2ndQuadrant - PostgreSQL Solutions for the Enterprise