On 10/29/19 11:32 PM, Andres Freund wrote:
Hi,

On 2019-10-29 16:31:11 -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
Andres Freund <and...@anarazel.de> writes:
one of the most frequent conflicts I see is that two patches add files
to OBJS (or one of its other spellings), and there are conflicts because
another file has been added.
Now, obviously these types of conflicts are easy enough to resolve, but
it's still annoying.  It seems that this would be substantially less
often a problem if we just split such lines to one file per
line.

We did something similar not too long ago in configure.in (bfa6c5a0c),
and it seems to have helped.  +1

Cool. Any opinion on whether to got for

OBJS = \
        dest.o \
        fastpath.o \

or

OBJS = dest.o \
        fastpath.o \

I'm mildly inclined to go for the former.

+1 for the former.

Greetings,

Andres Freund