On 2019-10-25 07:05, Andrey Borodin wrote:
21 окт. 2019 г., в 14:09, Andrey Borodin <x4...@yandex-team.ru> написал(а):

With Silesian corpus pglz_decompress_hacked is actually decreasing performance
on high-entropy data.
Meanwhile pglz_decompress_hacked8 is still faster than usual pglz_decompress.
In spite of this benchmarks, I think that pglz_decompress_hacked8 is safer
option.

Here's v3 which takes into account recent benchmarks with Silesian Corpus and
have better comments.

Your message from 21 October appears to say that this change makes the performance worse. So I don't know how to proceed with this.