On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 3:50 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 3:19 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > What do you think?
> I have reviewed your changes and looks fine to me.

Okay, thanks.  I am also happy with the two patches I have posted in
my last email [1].

Tomas, would you like to take a look at those patches and commit them
if you are happy or would you like me to do the same?

Some notes before commit:
--------------------------------------
1.
Commit message need to be changed for the first patch
A.
> The memory limit is defined by a new logical_decoding_work_mem GUC, so for
> example we can do this

    SET logical_decoding_work_mem = '128kB'

> to trigger very aggressive streaming. The minimum value is 64kB.

I think this patch doesn't contain streaming, so we either need to
reword it or remove it.

B.
> The logical_decoding_work_mem may be set either in postgresql.conf, in which
> case it serves as the default for all publishers on that instance, or when
> creating the
> subscription, using a work_mem paramemter in the WITH clause (specifies
> number of kilobytes).

We need to reword this as we have decided to remove the setting from
the subscription side as of now.

2. I think we can change the message level in UpdateSpillStats() to DEBUG2.

3. I think we need catversion bump for the second patch.

4. I think we can combine both patches and commit as one patch, but it
is okay to commit them separately as well.

[1] -
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAA4eK1Kdmi6VVguKEHV6Ho2isCPVFdQtt0WLsK10fiuE59_0Yw%40mail.gmail.com

--
With Regards,