On Mon, Nov 11, 2019 at 5:56 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvhe...@2ndquadrant.com>
wrote:

> First, I noticed that there's a significant unanswered issue from Andrew
> Gierth about this using a completely different mechanism, namely an
> implicit window function.  I see that Robert was concerned about the
> performance of Andrew's proposed approach, but I don't see any reply
> from Surafel on the whole issue.

i don't know much about window function implementation but am sure teaching
window
function about limit and implementing limit
*variant on top of it will not be much simpler *

*and performant than the current implementation. i also think more
appropriate place to *

*include limit variant is limitNode not other place which can case
redundancy  and *

*maintainability issue *

*regards *

*Surafel *