On 2019-12-02 00:12, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
On 11/30/19 8:48 PM, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Thu, Oct 31, 2019 at 07:54:41PM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
This patch achieves $SUBJECT and also provides some testing of the
sslpassword setting.
The patch does not apply anymore, so a rebase is needed.  As it has
not been reviewed, I am moving it to next CF, waiting on author.

That's OK. This patch is dependent, as it always has been, on the patch
to allow passwordless user mappings for postgres_fdw. I hope to commit
that soon, but I'd prefer some signoff from prominent hackers, as I
don't want to go too far down this road and then encounter a bunch of
objections.

The prerequisite patch has been committed, so please see about getting this patch moving forward.

The patch is very small, of course, but I don't understand the "bit of a hack" comment. Could you explain that?