On 2020-02-27 11:13, Fujii Masao wrote:
Btw., I think the current setup is slightly buggy.  The MaxBackends value that
is used to size shared memory is computed as MaxConnections +
autovacuum_max_workers + 1 + max_worker_processes + max_wal_senders, but we
don't track autovacuum_max_workers in WAL.
Maybe this is because autovacuum doesn't work during recovery?

Autovacuum on the primary can use locks or xids, and so it's possible that the standby when processing WAL encounters more of those than it has locally allocated shared memory to handle.