On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 11:00:37PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
Tomas Vondra <tomas.von...@2ndquadrant.com> writes:
I came to the same conclusion (that the change in TuplesortMethod
definiton is the culprit) a while ago and was about to push a fix that
initialized it correctly in ExecSortInitializeDSM. But I agree reverting
it back to the old definition is probably better.

Yeah, for the moment.  James would like to not have
SORT_TYPE_STILL_IN_PROGRESS be part of the enum at all, I think,
and I can see his point --- but then we need some out-of-band
representation of "worker not done", so I'm not sure there'll be
any net reduction of cruft.  Anyway that can be dealt with after
we have a stable buildfarm.

Agreed.

Note also that there's a separate comment-only patch in
<caaaqye9qzkbxcvsp3dflkus1v8kknb7kw3z-hz2jnaqaves...@mail.gmail.com>
that shouldn't be forgotten about.

OK, I'll take care of that tomorrow. I have two smaller patches to
commit in the incremental sort patchset, so I'll add it to that.

regards