On 3/28/20 5:27 AM, Fabien COELHO wrote:

Hello Tom,

Thanks for your feedback,

I'd be rather unclear about what the actual feedback is, though. I'd
interpret it as "pg does not care much about code coverage". Most clients are in the red on coverage.postgresql.org. I'd like pgbench at least to be
in the green, but it does not look that it will ever be the case.

The reason why the first iteration failed was that it was insufficiently
insensitive to timing.

This patch has been marked Returned with Feedback.

If the TAP tests could be made to work without the special exceptions added to pgbench.c I think this patch would have a better chance.

-David
da...@pgmasters.net