Hi,

On 2020-04-08 18:06:23 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> If we don't commit this, where does this leave us with the
> old_snapshot_threshold feature?  We remove it in back branches and have
> no working version in PG 13?  That seems kind of bad.

I don't think this patch changes the situation for
old_snapshot_threshold in a meaningful way.

Sure, this patch makes old_snapshot_threshold scale better, and triggers
fewer unnecessary query cancellations.  But there still are wrong query
results, the tests still don't test anything meaningful, and the
determination of which query is cancelled is still wrong.

- Andres