On Sun, Apr 19, 2020 at 3:46 PM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
<juanjo.santama...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 6:07 AM Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Sat, Apr 18, 2020 at 12:14 AM Juan José Santamaría Flecha
>> <juanjo.santama...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > We can get a match for those locales in non-ISO format by enumerating
>> > available locales with EnumSystemLocalesEx(), and trying to find a match.
>>
>> I have not reviewed or tested the new patch but one thing I would like
>> to see is the impact of setting LC_MESAGGES with different locale
>> information.  Basically, the error messages after setting the locale
>> with _create_locale and with the new method being discussed.  This
>> will help us in ensuring that we didn't break anything which was
>> working with prior versions of MSVC.  Can you or someone try to test
>> and share the results of the same?
>

> I cannot find a single place where all supported locales are listed, but I
> have created a small test program (WindowsNLSLocales.c) based on:
> <language>[_<location>] format locales [1], additional supported language
> strings [2], and additional supported country and region strings [3]. Based
> on the results from this test program, it is possible to to do a good job
> with the <language>[_<location>] types using the proposed logic, but the two
> later cases are Windows specific, and there is no way arround a lookup-table.
>
> The attached results (WindowsNLSLocales.ods) come from Windows 10 (1903) and
> Visual C++ build 1924, 64-bit.

I think these are quite intensive tests but I wonder do we need to
test some locales with code_page?  Generally speaking, in this case it
should not matter as we are trying to get the locale name but no harm
in testing.  Also, I think it would be good if we can test how this
impacts the error messages as Davinder is trying to do.

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.