Juan Fuentes <juanmarianofuen...@gmail.com> writes:
> As you could see the query includes castings, we noticed testing with
> Postgres 12 that the castings of the CASE THEN statement (commented out
> below) where failing in some cases, of course if you do the INNER JOIN and
> CASE WHEN first our expectation is that the value can be casted.

You're unlikely to get any useful comments on this if you don't provide
a self-contained example.  The query by itself lacks too many details.
As an example, one way "t7.value::numeric = 1" could fail despite being
inside a CASE is if t7 is a view whose "value" column is actually a
constant.  Flattening of the view would replace "t7.value" with that
constant, and then constant-folding would cause the failure, and neither
of those things are prevented by a CASE.  I kind of doubt that that's
the specific issue here, but I'm not going to guess at what is in your
thirty-some input tables.

                        regards, tom lane