On 06/04/20 11:04, Laurenz Albe wrote:
> I was referring to the wish to *not* use a self-signed CA certificate,
> but an intermediate certificate as the ultimate authority, based on
> a distrust of the certification authority that your organization says
> you should trust.

Are you aware of any principled reason it should be impossible to
include an end-entity certificate in the trust store used by a client?

Are you aware of any principled reason it should be impossible to
include a certificate that has the CA:TRUE and Certificate Sign bits
in the trust store used by a client, whether it is its own signer
or has been signed by another CA?

Regards,
-Chap