As I mentioned in [1], checking (struct Port)->ssl for NULL to determine
whether TLS is used for connection is a bit of a leaky abstraction, as that's
an OpenSSL specific struct member.  This sets the requirement that all TLS
implementations use a pointer named SSL, and that the pointer is set to NULL in
case of a failed connection, which may or may not fit.

Is there a reason to not use (struct Port)->ssl_in_use flag which tracks just
what we're looking for here?  This also maps against other parts of the
abstraction in be-secure.c which do just that.  The attached implements this.

cheers ./daniel

[1] fab21fc8-0f62-434f-aa78-6bd9336d6...@yesql.se