On 2020/09/23 12:47, Thomas Munro wrote:
On Wed, Sep 23, 2020 at 2:27 PM David Rowley <dgrowle...@gmail.com> wrote:
I've gone as far as running the recovery tests on the v3-0001 patch
using a Windows machine. They pass:

Thanks!  I pushed that one, because it was effectively a bug fix
(WaitLatch() without a latch was supposed to work).

Great!

I'll wait longer for feedback on the main patch; perhaps someone has a
better idea, or wants to take issue with the magic number 1024 (ie
limit on how many records we'll replay before we notice the postmaster
has exited), or my plan to harmonise those wait loops?  It has a CF
entry for the next CF.

Does this patch work fine with warm-standby case using pg_standby?
IIUC the startup process doesn't call WaitLatch() in that case, so ISTM that,
with the patch, it cannot detect the postmaster death immediately.

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION