Mark Dilger <mark.dil...@enterprisedb.com> writes:
> You certainly appear to be right about that.  I've added the extra checks,
> and extended the regression test to include them.  Patch attached.

Pushed with some more fooling about.  The "bit reversal" idea is not
a sufficient guide to picking values that will hit all the code checks.
For instance, I was seeing out-of-range warnings on one endianness and
not the other because on the other one the maxalign check rejected the
value first.  I ended up manually tweaking the corruption patterns
until they hit all the tests on both endiannesses.  Pretty much the
opposite of black-box testing, but it's not like our notions of line
pointer layout are going to change anytime soon.

I made some logic rearrangements in the C code, too.

                        regards, tom lane