On 17-01-2021 00:04, Jeff Davis wrote:

If we agree on removing heap_multi_insert_v2 API and embed that logic
inside heap_insert_v2, then we can do this - pass the required
information and the functions ExecInsertIndexTuples and
ExecARInsertTriggers as callbacks so that, whether or not
heap_insert_v2 choses single or multi inserts, it can callback these
functions with the required information passed after the flush. We
can
add the callback and required information into TableInsertState. But,
I'm not quite sure, we would make ExecInsertIndexTuples and
ExecARInsertTriggers.

How should the API interact with INSERT INTO ... SELECT? Right now it
doesn't appear to be integrated at all, but that seems like a fairly
important path for bulk inserts.

Regards,
        Jeff Davis

Hi,

You mean how it could because of that the table modification API uses the table_tuple_insert_speculative ? Just wondering if you think if it generally cannot work or would like to see that path / more paths integrated in to the patch.

Kind regards,
Luc