On 2021-01-15 1:22 p.m., Andres Freund wrote:

Hi,

On 2020-11-25 12:41:25 +0900, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 03:32:38PM -0800, David Zhang wrote:
But, providing another option for the end user may not be a bad idea, and it
might make the tests easier at some points.
My first thought is that we have no need to complicate pgbench with
this option because there is a GUC able to do that, but we do that for
tablespaces, so...  No objections from here.
I think that objection is right. All that's needed to change this from
the client side is to do something like
PGOPTIONS='-c default_table_access_method=foo' pgbench ...
Yeah, this is a better solution for me too. Thanks a lot for all the feedback.
I don't think adding pgbench options for individual GUCs really is a
useful exercise?

Greetings,

Andres Freund
--