On 21.01.21 14:11, Masahiko Sawada wrote:
Agreed. bsearch with bound check showed a reasonable improvement in my
evaluation in terms of performance. Regarding memory efficiency, we
can experiment with other methods later.

I've attached the patch that adds a bound check for encoded
itermpointers before bsearch() in lazy_tid_reaped() and inlines the
function.

Do you have any data showing the effect of inlining lazy_tid_reaped()? I mean, it probably won't hurt, but it wasn't part of the original patch that you tested, so I wonder whether it has any noticeable effect.