On 2021/04/02 16:47, Michael Paquier wrote:
On Fri, Apr 02, 2021 at 07:30:32AM +0000, shinya11.k...@nttdata.com wrote:
I added a comment to the patch, and attached the new patch.

Thanks for updating the patch!

+               /*
+                * The current_size is calculated before checking if header is a
+                * new page, because total_size includes the size of new pages.
+                */
+               current_size += r;

I'd like to comment more. What about the following?

---------------------------
Since the file size is counted as total_size for progress status information,
the sizes of all pages including new ones in the file should be counted as
current_size. Otherwise the progress reporting calculated using those counters
may not reach 100%.
---------------------------

Hmm.  This looks to come from 280e5f14 that introduced the progress
reports so this would need a backpatch down to 12.

Yes.

I have not looked
in details and have not looked at the patch yet, though.  Fujii-san,
are you planning to take care of that?

Yes, I will. Thanks for the consideration!

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION