On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 6:43 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbal...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 5:46 PM Dilip Kumar <dilipbal...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Tue, May 25, 2021 at 4:50 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapil...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Your patch will fix the reported scenario but I don't like the way
> > > multi_insert flag is used to detect incomplete tuple. One problem
> > > could be that even when there are no toast inserts, it won't allow to
> > > stream unless we get the last tuple of multi insert WAL. How about
> > > changing the code such that when we are clearing the toast flag, we
> > > additionally check 'clear_toast_afterwards' flag?
> >
> > Yes, that can be done, I will fix this in the next version of the patch.
>
> I have fixed as per the suggestion, and as per the offlist discussion,
> I have merged the TOAST and SPEC insert flag and created a single
> PARTIAL_CHANGE flag.
> I have also added a test case for this.

When I am trying to execute the new test independently in windows, I
am getting the below error:
'psql' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
2021-05-26 09:09:24.399 IST [3188] ERROR:  program "psql -At -c "copy
stream_test to stdout" contrib_regression" failed
2021-05-26 09:09:24.399 IST [3188] DETAIL:  child process exited with
exit code 1
2021-05-26 09:09:24.399 IST [3188] STATEMENT:  COPY stream_test FROM
program 'psql -At -c "copy stream_test to stdout" contrib_regression';

I have followed below steps:
1. Run the server
2. from command prompt, in test_decoding folder, execute,
pg_regress.exe --bindir=d:/WorkSpace/PostgreSQL/master/installation/bin
--dbname=contrib_regression stream

I searched and didn't find any similar existing tests. Can we think of
any other way to test this code path? We already have one copy test in
toast.sql, isn't it possible to write a similar test here?

--
With Regards,
Amit Kapila.