On 2021/08/31 16:11, kuroda.hay...@fujitsu.com wrote:
Dear Fujii-san,

I attached new version, that almost all codes
moved from libpq to postgres_fdw.

Thanks for updating the patch!

Can we split the patch into two as follows? If so, we can review
and commit them one by one.

#1. Add application_name GUC into postgres_fdw
#2. Allow to specify special escape characters in application_name that
postgres_fdw uses.

Now we can accept four types of escapes.
All escapes will be rewritten to connection souce's information:

* application_name,
* user name,
* database name, and
* backend's pid.

+1

These are cannot be set by log_line_prefix, so I think it is useful.

We can use escape sequences in two ways:
* Sets postgres_fdw.application_name GUC paramter, or
* Sets application_name option in CREATE SERVER command.

OK.

Which version do you like?

For now I've not found real use case that implementing the feature
in libpq would introduce. So IMO postgres_fdw version is better.

Fujii Masao
Advanced Computing Technology Center
Research and Development Headquarters
NTT DATA CORPORATION