Peter Eisentraut <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> The backend process hangs in this loop:

> |     foreach(temp, rangetable)

> Somewhere a list pointer needs to be advanced there.

What?  foreach() does advance the pointer.  The only way this can be
an infinite loop is if the rangetable list is circular.

I wouldn't rank that as out of the question, considering the enthusiasm
with which the rules code munges range lists, but I still don't see it
happening here.  Is anyone else seeing regression failures with current
sources?