At 05:42 PM 12/2/00 +0100, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>Don Baccus writes:
>
>> Exactly what is PostgreSQL, Inc doing in this area?
>
>Good question...  See http://www.erserver.com/.

"Advanced Replication and Distributed Information capabilities are also under
development to meet specific
 business and competitive requirements for both PostgreSQL, Inc. and clients. Several
of these enhanced
 PostgreSQL, Inc. developments may remain proprietary for up to 24 months, with
availability limited to
 clients and partners, in order to assist us in recovering development costs and
continue to provide funding
 for our other Open Source contributions. "

Boy, I can just imagine the uproar this statement will cause on Slashdot when
the world finds out about it.

- Don Baccus, Portland OR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  http://donb.photo.net.