Marko Kreen writes:
 > On Mon, Jan 08, 2001 at 04:06:09AM +0200, Marko Kreen wrote:
 > > >
 > > > Well, that's annoying.  I guess those platforms are out of step
 > > > with the C99 standard, which specifies uint*_t not u_int*_t
 > > > (cf. C99 7.4.1.1).  I agree with your solution of switching to
 > > > Postgres-supplied typenames.
 > >
 > > Well, actually they do.  glibc in <stdint.h> and NetBSD in
 > > <sys/inttypes.h> which is a mess, all rigth.  Problem is that
 > > postgres.h does not know about this.  I guess that C99 forgot to
 > > specify _where_ they should be defined.
 >
 > Correction, they both have <inttypes.h> which probably is the right
 > location for this.

<stdint.h> is adequate to pick up uint*_t.  <inttypes.h> is defined to
include <stdint.h>.  Of course all this C99 stuff is new and existing
implementations may have the typedefs in different files or not have
them at all.
--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco                   -./\.-  by myself and does not represent