Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> Emmanuel Charpentier writes:
>
> > 1) Updatable views.
>
> You can make rules updateable by attaching appropriate rules to them.
> The transparent implementation of updateable views would essentially do
> that.  It's a planned feature but I don't know of anyone who has made it
> his priority.

I'd try my hand at it, given enough time ... which I'm awfully short on.
Which is one of my reasons to have that feature : not having to do grunt
work.

> > 2) External database or table access.
>
> Accessing more than one database from a connection will not happen, at
> least as long has the current mindset of the developers persists.  SQL
> schema support is planned for 7.2, which will address the same area,
> however.

I fail to see how schema support would help me accessing data residing
on different servers (that cannot be moved, for a lot of good and bad
reasons). Could you please amplify ?

--
Emmanuel Charpentier