I have a problem with 7.1 beta 4

Setup :
Debian 2.3(?) (unstable)
Kernel 2.18pre23 (the stock Debian kernel)
PostgreSQL 7.1beta4 as packaged for Debian by Oliver Elphick
unixODBC 2.0.3 compiled from unixODBC.org's sources against the installed and
working PG 7.1b4.

The problem is that an ODBC connection (from StarOffice or unixODBC's
Datamanager tool) is correctly opened, but no tables show up.

This problem seems limited : the ODBC driver has some function, as proved by
an attempt to use the RODBC package of the R statistical program :

> ch1<-odbcConnect("Essai1","XXXXXXXX","XXXXXXXX") -- username and password masked
> sqlTables(ch1)
[1] -1                  -- That means "error". However :
> sqlQuery(ch1,"select * from tablea;") -- send a query absed on previous knowledge
  keya    val                           -- Result is OK.
1    1 Prem's
2    2   Deuz
3    3  Troiz
Warning message:        -- Not unusual when reading text fields with RODBC.
a column has been truncated in: sqlGetResults(channel, errors = errors, ...)
> odbcClose(ch1)
[1] 1

So my question is : what has changed in the protocol ?

And, BTW : what has happened to pgaccess ? Views doesn't show up, while psql
sees them.

--
Emmanuel Charpentier