Tom Lane wrote:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Nathan Myers) writes:
> > Now that 7.1 is safely in the can, is it time to consider
> > this patch?
>
> Not till we've forked the tree for 7.2, which is probably a week or so
> away...

    IIRC  the  patch  only  provides  the  syntax  for  CURSOR to
    PL/pgSQL. Not real cursor support on the SPI level.  So  it's
    still the same as before, the backend will try to suck up the
    entire resultset into the SPI tuple table (that's memory) and
    die if it's huge enough.

    What  we  really need is an improvement to the SPI manager to
    support cursor (or cursor  like  behaviour  through  repeated
    executor calls).

Jan