Alvaro Herrera wrote:

Yeah.  In my opinion, we're not really looking for 100% fairness.  I
think credit is important, so if Stefan Kaltenbrunner did some psql
autocomplete work and it's not attributed, let's add a note to that
effect.  There is no point in saying exactly how many lines he
contributed, nor listing the exact changes he did, though.

Then we should remove exactly how many lines, or listings of exact changes any developer did.

Items of importance are subjective and to favor one over the other isn't right (not that I am suggesting you are suggesting that).

Why not just a simple listing in general:

Alvaro Herrera - Auto vacuum work
Simon Riggs - PITR Work
Greg Stark - Tuple header work
Stefan K (not going to try and spell his name - Additions to psql autocomplete

Alternatively we could use the contributors list (currently developers list) as the definitive source and just provide a link.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster