Bruce Momjian wrote:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:

I assumed the white paper would have proper attribution.

Right, but is the white paper going to be thorough to mention _all_
changes?

Hmmm good question which gets back to where we started :). My very first thought on all of this was that we would list all notable changes but that we wouldn't mention anyone's name.

Then, we would have a "Who contributed to this release" section that just listed names without attribution to the specific feature. IMO, that is the only "fair" way.

I realize that notable is subjective.

Here is the deal :). I think as long as a single person is making the decision as to what goes and stays, there will always be friction. Perhaps it is time for a "release team"? Odd numbers only, +1/-1 voting etc... I don't know maybe that is too much.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq