"Hiroshi Saito" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
> Probably no.
> GetText is conversion po(EUC_JP) to SJIS. Then, The stderr output of a server
> is
> outputted without an error to log by it. That's right message with it similar
> to start-up.
> However, The conversion obstacle of a message is encountered at the time of
> the
> conditions returned to a client. Conversion of the step of the following it
> takes place.

> 1. iconv(GetText)
> po(EUC_JP) to SJIS.
> 2. message to client
> UTF8(server encoding) to SJIS(client encoding)
> But, this character that should be UTF-8 is a SJIS message(1.).
> It causes an error.

Are you sure about that?  Why would gettext be converting to SJIS, when
SJIS is nowhere in the environment it can see?  I believe that Peter's
hypothesis is that gettext is leaving the string in EUC_JP because
it sees locale = C and so has no basis for doing any conversion.

We still end up with a failure, because the basic problem is that the
string isn't UTF8, but it's important to be sure we understand the exact
mechanism.

       match