"Simon Riggs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I'm fairly surprised these queries work. Is there some reason why we
> support this? April Fools Day? Jules Verne? I'm all for fast queries,
> but zero seems like the lowest value we should support...

Huh, I was all set to post an example of a useful application of it but then
apparently I'm wrong and it doesn't work:

postgres=# select * from generate_series(1,10) offset -1 limit 2;
 generate_series
               1
               2
(2 rows)

I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader to guess what I was expecting.

So given that that doesn't work I don't see any particular reason to accept
negative offsets or limits in 8.4 and on.

--
  Gregory Stark

TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend