Hi,
    I already made a discussion about it. We can view the Logical I/Os. If
we enable the log_statement_stats in the conf file and apply the following
patch, it is possible. But putting it in Explain analyze makes more sense to
me.

*** postgresql-8.3beta1/src/backend/storage/buffer/bufmgr.c     Tue Sep 25
18:11:48 2007
--- postgresql-8.3patch/src/backend/storage/buffer/bufmgr.c     Fri Oct 19
23:18:36 2007
***************
*** 1470,1477 ****
               localhitrate = (float) LocalBufferHitCount *100.0 /
ReadLocalBufferCount;

       appendStringInfo(&str,
!       "!\tShared blocks: %10ld read, %10ld written, buffer hit rate =
%.2f%%\n",
!                               ReadBufferCount - BufferHitCount,
BufferFlushCount, hitrate);
       appendStringInfo(&str,
       "!\tLocal  blocks: %10ld read, %10ld written, buffer hit rate =
%.2f%%\n",
                                        ReadLocalBufferCount -
LocalBufferHitCount,
LocalBufferFlushCount, localhitrate);
--- 1470,1477 ----
               localhitrate = (float) LocalBufferHitCount *100.0 /
ReadLocalBufferCount;

       appendStringInfo(&str,
!       "!\tShared blocks: %10ld Logical Reads, %10ld Physical Reads, %10ld
written, buffer hit rate = %.2f%%\n",
!                               ReadBufferCount, ReadBufferCount -

--
Thanks,
Gokul.