Gokulakannan Somasundaram wrote:
a) When i was looking at the code for freezing heap tuples, i found out the
following. While freezing we log the complete block(not just the tuples we
froze).
b) Again after removing the dead tuples and fragmentation, we log the
complete block.

Umm, no we don't. In log_heap_freeze, we log an array of offsets, of those tuples that were frozen.

Perhaps you're been confused by full page writes? If a block hasn't been modified by last checkpoint, then we do log the whole page for any operation, including vacuuming and freezing. (except setting hint bits).

--
  Heikki Linnakangas