Neil Conway wrote:
On Tue, 2008-02-19 at 18:13 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
I am having trouble locating the previous thread - can someone please point me at it?

http://markmail.org/message/kyjbj5qovadfoe3w

Thanks. The only significant problem I saw mentioned other than the rather ephemeral security issues was the one regarding statically linked postgres. I therefore propose that a) loading plpgsql in template1 can be disabled by an initdb switch, and b) initdb will not try to load it if postgres is statically linked, assuming we can develop a reasonable test for that.

cheers

andrew

              http://archives.postgresql.org