Тюрин Дмитрий wrote:
Hi list,

Hi Dmitry, nice to have you back again.

I see the following business opportunity for Postgres:
I) Simple man can't program middleware to connect XML-client and
Postgres.

Aha! still trying to push an XML command system and http server into the backend.

II) Request into several databases does not exist.

Well, there are middleware layers that'll do so, or various case-specific solutions requiring dblink. The key problem is what you do with cross-database dependencies. How were you thinking of dealing with this?

III) Notebooks need several switching-on and switching-off during
transaction.

How are you dealing with the locking issues?

IV) Distance between strings are not supported, that makes
aproximate searching impossible.

Would that be "not supported" in the sense of "contrib/fuzzystrmatch"?

V) There is no possibility to hide some (not all) records of table,
granted to other users, from these users

Apart from views or the veil pgfoundry project of course.

I ask you to implement these solutions, that Postgres get
advantage before other DBMS-es. I have prepered several drawing
http://sql50.euro.ru/sql5.11.3.ppt to explain ideas.
More details are described below.

Were you looking to hire developers, or do you have customers who are looking to hire developers?

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

               http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate