On Thu, 21 Feb 2008 14:14:48 -0500
Andrew Sullivan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 21, 2008 at 10:43:27AM -0800, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > often. It is poor implementation and proof that the theoretical
> > security implications that are being brought up in this thread are far
> > from the practical reality.
>
> "We have this hole over here for historical reasons, so let's maybe open a
> new one over there"?

Besides, proof that it would do no extra harm is hardly a strong
argumet for including it.  Given how easy it is to add it to any DB
that needs it, I fail to see why we should add it by default.

Personally I would like to see more things removed from PG and have
them added as modules when required.  Of course, we would need a proper
module system first.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>         |  Democracy is three wolves

       match