Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
Could we make each COPY target behave like an SRF, stashing its data in a tuplestore?

The first question is what is the wire-protocol definition.  In
particular, how would the client know what order to send the COPY
datasets in, if a single query might include multiple COPY FROM STDIN
segments?

Another point is that we surely don't want the implementation to force
use of a tuplestore all the time, so I'm not sure I buy that we can
prevent interleaving of multiple datasets on the wire that way.

Is there a big demand for multiple datasets on the wire in a situation like this? How about if we allow multiple COPY targets but at most one from STDIN, at least for one go round?

cheers

andrew